It generally takes between 45 minutes to 6 hours for the carpet to dry. The grade and type of carpet along with weather conditions can play a big part on drying times. We use turbo fans while we are there to speed up the drying process. Since we use the most powerful truck‐mounts in the industry, we are able pull 95‐98% of the water back out of the carpet which speeds up the drying time. Once we leave, it is recommended that you turn the air conditioner and ceiling fans on which will decrease the drying time.
What carpet cleaning method do we use and why?
The majority of the time the method used is hot water extraction which may be referred to as steam cleaning. This is the preferred method for cleaning carpet and is recommended by all major carpet manufactures. It is the only method that is classified as deep cleaning. We are very experienced in all methods of cleaning and we do offer all methods, but recommend hot water extraction in almost all situations.
Why has my carpet re‐soiled so quickly after it has been cleaned by other companies in the past?
1. Cleaning agents are sprayed on the carpet before the actual extraction starts. Some companies do not make sure that these are completely rinsed out. In that case it will remain in your carpet and will attract soil.
2. Technicians that may not have the proper training may not clean with the proper PH level. This can ruin the built in stain resistant properties of the carpet and can cause the carpet to re‐soil more quickly because you no longer have any stain protectants left on it. Removal of stain protectants will make carpet much harder to clean with subsequent cleanings and some spots and stains may even become permanent.
3. Each time a carpet is cleaned some of the original Teflon or Scotchgard is removed from the carpet. A protectant should be reapplied at a minimum of every 2 – 4 cleanings.
4.Most other cleaning methods, such as low moisture or so‐called dry cleaning, offer no true form of extraction or rinsing of the cleaning agents that have been applied.
5. Xtreme Clean uses only cleaning agents that are properly formulated for your carpet, use the correct Ph levels and we rinse it out using soft water and a rinse and neutralizing agent leaving your carpet free of any residue and will leave your carpet at the proper Ph level.
Why do I have spots/stains reappear after I have had my carpet professionally cleaned?
This is called wicking. Wicking occurs when something has been dropped or spilled on the carpet such as soda, coffee, tea or the carpet has been over saturated with a cleaning agent while trying to remove a spot. When this happens, it can get into the backing of the carpet and even into the pad. When the carpet is properly cleaned with high powered equipment, these spots or stains usually come out relatively easily because the power of the equipment allows us to remove the spill from the carpet AND the backing and the pad. If not properly cleaned the spot is only cleaned out of the top carpet fibers and not the backing or pad. As the carpet dries it dries from the top (Tips) of the carpet fibers so the water moves from the bottom to the top of the carpet. In areas where you have substances such as soda trapped in the backing, it wicks right up to the top of the carpet fiber along with the water. The spot can contain coloring which immediately shows the stain or be colorless and just leaves a residue on the carpet. When these spots are walked on, they immediately become soiled dark spots. They can even trap dust and pollutants from the air.
Having a properly trained technician with the proper equipment who takes the time to do the job right the first time, this is not likely to occur.
If I decide I would like to have additional services done while my technician is there can I get them done at that time or would I need to schedule a new appointment?
Yes, under normal circumstances your technician should be able to take care of all of your cleaning needs while they are there.
What are your business hours and appointment times?
Cleaning services are offered from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mon – Sat. Evenings and Sundays may be available when it is not possible for you to have your cleaning done during regular hours. We do provide 24 hour emergency services for water damage and fire and smoke damage.
Can you get rid of the pet odor or stains in my home?
Yes, through many years of experience, training and continuing education along with the advancements in chemicals and detection equipment and methods in recent years, we can eliminate pet odor. We can locate the sources of your odor and completely eliminate them. We are experts in removing Pet odor and stains.
Why does price vary so much from one company to the next?
You can find a big variation from one company to another and can be due to many factors:
1. Education: You can find companies that spend zero dollars a year on continuing education all the way up to ones that spend tens of thousands for just one technician per year.
2. Equipment: Some company will use their personal vehicles to carry small portable carpet cleaning machines to your home that can be purchased anywhere from hundreds of dollars to a few thousand dollars brand new. These machines are not very affective. Other companies spend anywhere from four thousand and up to thirty five thousand or even more for a permanently mounted carpet cleaning machine that is mounted into a professional service van or truck. This does not include the cost of the vehicle or all the other equipment and 3. chemicals. It is not unheard of to have one hundred thousand dollars invested for one van/truck.
4. Time: Taking the time to do a proper job. There is a wide variation in the times companies will take to complete your work. There are companies that believe they just need to get your carpet wet to those who take pride in what they do and spend the time that it takes to do the very best job that can be done.
5. Extras: Then there are the extras like whether the business carries different types of insurances, licenses, bonding, business phone lines, utilities, advertising, ect. Also, do they run their business out of a physical location such as an office, shop, storage areas or do they just work out of their vehicle.
Will I be able to walk on my carpet right after it has been cleaned?
You can walk on your carpet with light traffic immediately after your cleaning. We do recommend using clean white socks or your technician will be happy to leave you a pair of booties. Colored socks could release the dyes which could stain your carpet. Please be careful stepping off the carpet onto hard surfaces as you could slip and fall.
How often should I have my carpet professionally cleaned?
Carpet that is maintained and vacuumed on a regular basis with light traffic should be cleaned every 12 to 18 months. Homes with heavy traffic and pets may need cleaned more frequently. Carpet should be cleaned before it is visually soiled to prevent damage from soil such as scratching, cutting and abrading the carpet fibers which may affect the appearance and shorten the life of your carpet. Having a protective coating added each time you clean helps give soils lift when you vacuum and will also help prevent damage.
Is your cleaning process safe for my children, babies, and pets?
Yes, our cleaning agents are nontoxic and biodegradable and except when dealing with pet odor issues nothing is left behind. When dealing with pet odors we may chose to leave agents in the pad in spots where the odors are originating from. These agents continue to work for up to 14 days to totally eliminate the odor. These agents are completely safe for your pets and children.
Can you remove any stain from my carpet?
We have the knowledge and ability to remove almost any stain from your carpet. Bleach spots are not stains but are actually the absence of color (color has been removed from these areas) and would require spot dyeing or repair.
When should I expect my technician to arrive?
Most appointments are scheduled with an arrival time ranging from two and sometimes up to four hours. You will be given a time range or an approximate arrival time when you schedule your appointment. This is essential since every job is different and may vary in time. We want to make sure we have enough time so that we can provide the best possible cleaning and service every time.